Friends’ membership fees help to raise funds which provide practical help for arts and heritage in Southampton. We also welcome donations from members of the public and as a registered Charity can reclaim Gift Aid thereby increasing the amount we can give to a project. At FoSMAG we consider carefully every application for funding which we receive and support as many as we can – sometimes for the purchase or conservation of art works but sometimes for the everyday items which help the day to day work of the departments. Here is a list of just some of the projects to which FoSMAG has recently made a financial contribution, either from its own funds or from donations for the project by FoSMAG members:
- Conservation of Sir Edward Burne-Jones’ Perseus series of art works in Southampton City Art Gallery.
- Conservation of Van Dyck’s ‘Portrait of a Woman’
- Purchase of St Denys Girls School Log Books for the Archives
- The Heritage Lottery Fund bid to regenerate God’s House Tower.
- Cost of the catalogue for the exhibition “The Romantic Thread in British Art”
- Creation of the Titanic Memorial Window in St Marys Church
- Purchase of Jessica Palmer’s “Paper Galleon” sculpture for display in Tudor House.
- Purchase of a special lens for the Nikon Digital SLR camera used by Collections Management.